It took a while, but I finally found an appropriate outfit to go along with Henrys buckskin moccasins. Momma had to take a continuing education class this morning so the H-train and me decided to check out Value Thrift in the old Sunray Mall. BEHOLD :

Is it so wrong to dress your child in ridiculous outfits strictly for your own amusement?

I mean, Henry appears to be having a great time. Also, if you look real close you will notice in the background of the photo below there is a framed picture of Henry on the wall - a picture of Henry
within a picture of Henry. This is the photographic equivalent of a play within
a play which, I've been told by those active in theatre, is a pretty complicated deal.
I didn't even notice until later, but in the photo below, it appears that Henry is ever so coyly giving the camera the middle finger. The little bugger has no respect for his father...

6 comments:
Okay first of all, holy crap that's a crazy outfit. Is it the craziest outfit I have ever seen him wear? Maybe. It's right up there with his various rootin-tootin cowboy getups and the crouching tiger Jeet Kune Do robes.
Did it ever occur to you that he might be throwing you the finger for a reason? Just a thought...
You haven't sunk low enough in dressing your kid until you put him in doll clothes, ask julie how she dressed me in cagabepatch kid clothes when i was a baby! oh and the middle finger picture is so cute, keep up the excelent influence and good parenting!
I am an avid fan of your blog. Rock on, brother(s).
Oh man....that outfit; the dashiki and mocs the big smile - I'm having a difficult time processing all of the cross cultural references and subtle symbolism. While he could be a great ambassador for cultural peace, that finger thing....umm...yeah, my kid likes to flash that action from time to time. I shudder to think of the teenage years.
Hi Tom,
I checked out your blog and it sounds like you have a little dude on the way too. Good luck!
Dude. It's never wrong to dress your child for your own amusement! That outfit is genius. Henry may hate you for it when he's 14, but he'll get over it!
Post a Comment