Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Breaking News


Henry is recuperating from his appointment today. He braved a battery of three shots for his big six month check-up. He has one snowflake band-aid, one neon pink band-aid, and one regular old band-aid marking his wounds.

I have decided to officially stop using inches to measure his staggering height in favor of the more grown up feet and inches method. Hovering at the ninetieth percentile, Henry is two feet and four inches of twisted steel and machismo. At only six months of age, our little guy is a mere twenty inches from riding the big boy roller coasters at Valleyfair.

For those in the "guess Henry's weight" contest, he weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs. 15 oz. I decided to implement The Price is Right rules, which dictates that the winner is the closest to Henry's actual retail weight without going over. Under these guidelines Grandpa Fred is the winner, with a guess of 15 1/3 lbs. Otherwise, the Porkbone was only one ounce over with his stunningly accurate guess of 16 lbs.

His weight is only in the thirtieth percentile. The doctor said not to worry about him being a skinnier baby and that he was perfectly normal. She mentioned perfection like four times.

Also, Henry's head measured 45 centimeters (metric!). This falls in the eightieth percentile. That means that only twenty percent of all babies have larger heads than our little guy and I bet they probably can't even hold up their monsterous heads.

I also questioned the doctor on dealing with the H-Trains ongoing battle with chapped cheeks. We have tried the Aveeno and regular ol' petroleum jelly with mixed results. She claimed scientists have invented an ointment called "lanolin" that could help our situation. I will look into it.

6 comments:

LA said...

Shots suck, but I've heard the band-aids are worth it.
Esther is also doing her part to overcome the nasty chapped cheek business. She prefers that you rub the lotion on the skin directly after a bath - to lock in the moisture, as the commercials say. Good luck Henry.

Anonymous said...

Okay Bob Barker, you make the rules. But just for the record if I had known you were going by the Price is Right rules, I might have guessed differently.

I'll see you in the showcase showdown!

Anonymous said...

I almost weighed that when I was born.......good to hear he received a good bill of health once again.

Anonymous said...

What was the prize any how?

FEZ BEAR said...

A free OVEN MITT!!

FEZ BEAR said...

Ok, ok, I'm busted. This fix is on. But I had to invent something to help grandpa win and the Bob Barker clause was the first thing that popped into my head.