
However, with Glenda's phone call, a new era is beginning -- the size 6-12 month "Little Robot Guy" Robeez era. Even though they look like clown shoes on him now, these are likely to be the very shoes Henry will be wearing when he takes his first step.

In other developments:
- We switched from Nestle Good Start formula to Similac formula. It seemed kinda silly since we got all these coupons for Similac and sold them on fricken' eBay for roughly 65 cents on the dollar -- only to turn around and buy Nestle Good Start. It was a dirty cycle and I'm glad we stopped. There exists a weird and vigilant underground league of house moms that patrol eBay for formula coupons. I admire their thriftiness. So we done switched formula and Henry couldn't care less.
- Henry digs on the sweet potatoes. So, now we have pears and sweet potatoes. His palate is expanding.
- He still drools super duper bad. Not cool.
- In the proper lighting his head seems to be slightly fuzzier, giving the illusion of hair.
- Like many parents in these modern times, we have begun trying to communicate with Henry in sign language. It feels kind of silly at times and results are inconclusive at this point. More on this later.
Bring on the clowns....

Henry looks dashing as he lounges about in his extravagant Keys overalls.
8 comments:
Oh those robot shoes are really fly - no mistake. I find myself feeling sad when I have to put the smaller clothing away as Esther grows out of them,(which is really stupid, I know) BUT it's cool too, beacuse that means new duds.
Had I known you used Similac, I would have kept the $65 worth of coupons and just sent them to you rather than pitching them. I too noticed a weird freaky group of moms on craigslist who trade/sell coupons. Suppose it does make sense, that stuff adds up!
Thanks la, hopefully H-Town will be transitioning out of the formula within a few months or so but if you get anymore of the coupons that would be suh-weet.
You crack me up. My wife and I have been terrorizing each other with the weight watchers commercial song.
The bear shoes said "I am verile but I have a softer side, too" whereas the robot shoes say "I am comfortable with who I am."
PS - Another excellent thrift store for baby clothes (and adult clothes, too) is Unique Thrift at Larpenteur and Rice.
Tom - That's where I got Henry's kung fu outfit (from a previous blog entry). One note on Unique Thrift - Avoid Tuesdays (I think it's Tuesdays) - Senior citizens day. It's just too crowded and lots of old people wandering around that smell like mothballs and string cheese.
Jere- if you ever get the chance to go to Texas, you should. I went to a flea market while I was there and you would have killed for the GIGANTIC belt buckels and cowboy gear for Henry!
I'm off to Texas in a few weeks, hmmmm....
We've used Similac from the beginning. I had no idea those coupons caused such a stir! They're a total pain in the ass at the store because the clerks never have a clue how to ring them up.
And I find myself very jealous of those killer robot shoes.
You no buy Robeez! Only Bobux!
Robeez choke the ankle!
Welcome, shoe nazi.
Post a Comment