It's back to the grind and the start of a new routine this fall. Henry now has preschool three days a week and gets to ride to school with mom on those mornings. He seems to be adjusting well. Prior to the open house, he was a little nervous about the whole deal. We met his teachers and stayed and played Lego's for a while until he remarked "I think I'm gonna like preschool."
So with that he took his lunch...

and officially began the odyssey of his formal education.

Where the hell does the time go?
We also went to the State Fair. It went really well. We spent almost the entire day there. We last went when Violet was still an infant and we made it about 90 minutes or so. Here's mama and Henry in action on the Tilt-a-whirl.

I tried my darnedest to win Henry a large stuffed animal but failed.
We met this guy...

Henry had his four year check up a while back and everything seemed good. He was about 65% for height and 45% for weight if I remember correctly.
The harvest is in. We have way more tomatoes than we know what to do with. Lots of onions, carrots, and variety of peppers.

The chickens still haven't given us any eggs yet. The turkeys are getting huge. We took in two wayward and morbidly obese goats from a gentleman who is moving out of state. Status quo for Rancho Johnson.
Yes, Henry has a panty liner on his head -- and on his shins. For some reason, they hold some novelty value amongst the youth in our household. I guess it offers some protection from bumps and bruises.

Henry has a wicked temper. If he isn't getting his way he has taken to screaming "YOU'RE FIRED!" That, coupled with the fact that he is very sensitive and a pretty intense dude has made it kind of trying at times with him at this particular stage in his life.
Violet and Henry started with their first and second seasons of dance class, respectively. Violet especially digs all aspects of dance.
Violet will sneak off to her room and change clothes like ten times if given the opportunity. Her vocabulary is still growing like crazy. She had a brief stage where she was carrying dolls with her everywhere she went but seems to be over it.
We took a detour to Stillwater on our way home from the State Fair for old times sake.

5 comments:
I mark the years passage in harvest too. Sounds like it's time for vegetable soup. That's what my mother and I did 2-3 weeks ago ... overwhelmed with tomatoes,okra and some extra beans and carrots ...don't forget the onions and garlic too. You don't have to eat it all at once, we save sour cream containers and use them to freeze soup and chili. We also have a tomato press/grinder. It is red plastic, hand crank with a suction cup to attach to the counter. Not expensive and very handy. It separates the skin/seeds from the pulp. We then freeze the juice for using in sauces/soups. Check out "Tomato Growers" online (hope I got the name correct).
The kids look great! The goats will slim down on winter rations ...uhm are they boys?
ex-babysitter.
Good ideas on the veggies. I'm going to try my hand at canning & pickling some stuff for the first time too and see how that goes.
The goats are both girls -- actually a mother & daughter.
Good to hear you were able to up the animal count on the ranch... Do they have names, pics etc?? You need to save the pics of Hank and the pads for future torture... that kind sounds like a Jazz band name.
Temper... intense... sensitive. I think it's something to do with the name. You just described our little Henry as well.
Congrats on the first day of school and the new goats!
I just stewed some tomatoes last night. Still don't know what I'm going to do with them but at least they won't rot on my counter...
Kirk would be soooo jealous if he saw Henry in that backpack. That's the only reason he's desperate to start school. Temper, sensitivity, yep, must be a boy thing in general and not reserved for only Henries!!
Post a Comment