Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Shenanigans

Henry loves critters. He found this tree frog and scooped it right up. I like that he has no fear when it comes to stuff like that. He is very good with the chickens. He will pick them up all the time and can round them up and get them in the coop in no time.

He can also be an out of control beast at times. This photo captures that sentiment.


The both of them love to play in, on and around my truck for some reason -- Violet especially. Violet likes to sit in the cab and play around. She calls it "Violet's Truck". A couple nights ago she was in her truck with no diaper on and whizzed on the seat. Not cool. It hard to stay mad at her though. I swear Henry wears pants sometimes.


This is your basic Tuesday evening here. I get home from work, the kids jump in the truck and act crazy, I run around and feed goats and chickens and whatnot. I bought two turkeys on a whim at the co-op last weekend. They are very akward looking creatures. I plan on eating them for Thanksgiving. Their names are Bachman and Dan. I believe they are Royal Palms. I will get pictures soon.

They are pretty good together about 85% of the time.

Went up north on a Sunday fishing trip with my brother and our boys.

The weather wasn't the greatest but it cleared up long enough for Uncle Jesse to pull one up. Eli manned the net while Henry made observations and yelled whatever came to mind. "THAT FISH IS CRA-ZEEE!"

Eli has perfected the sneer...
I have no explanation for this one. This is apparently what goes down while dad is at work.

The harvest has been slow to come in this year. Kinda mild summer and kinda dry. We just had our first half dozen or so tomatoes ripen so it should be fast and furious from here on out. I made some pico de gallo last nite. Next: Heritage Tomato Bloody Mary Mix! (Side note: Henry insists we call them "Spicey Henry's" around him because "Bloody Mary" sounds kinda gross. Alright.)

I have to work on my carrot picking technique. I had a few snap off as I worked them up with a trowel.

1 comment:

belsum said...

Pants are for suckers.