The other thing is that he totally mocks me. He will run off and put on some of my clothes or shoes or socks or whatever and then stomp around yelling "OH, I'M JERE! I'M DADDY!" I just love that he can already bust my chops and already finds me to be mockable and ridiculous. Below he is mocking me and flexing his muscles for the camera all at the same time. (Note: I bought the "Johnson" stocking cap at a thrift storeto be ironic since my last name is Johnson and all. I don't think I have gone a day wearing it without being approached by an excited St. Paul Johnson Alumni.)
For some reason it is high comedy for both of the kids to put on my grotty athletic socks.
Possibly the best Henry quote ever: "Dad, don't look at me for two minutes -- I'm going to do something dangerous."
Close second: "Dad, you freak me out." He told me this because I picked out an outfit for him that offended his sensibilities.
Violet loves getting dressed in her winter gear but doesn't always like getting out of her jam-jams and into her regular clothes for the morning. Violet is the least lactose intolerant person I know in the world. I think she could knock down a gallon of milk and a 5 lb. block of cheese if we let her. Her attitude is starting to show. She will sometimes try to hit when she doesn't get her way. We still love her despite the violence.
5 comments:
The picture of Henry in the Johnson hat is the greatest photograph ever taken by anyone ever.
Oh man, Kirk tells us when we're freakin' him out, too. It cracks my shit up every single time. Dude, you're three. You don't get to be freaked out yet. Seriously.
Your Henry is a hilarious little bugger! I can't wait for all the fun we have to look forward to when our H gets that age!
P.S. - Vi and our guy must be going through the same developmental stage - disliking to get their clothes changed and hitting. Henry is starting to throw fits even when Mommy and Daddy change their clothes. He threw my shirt at me when I was in the shower this morning in a fit of rage!
For real. That pic of Henry in the hat is an instant classic! I'd probably make it into a T shirt or something.
Bahaha! Excellent!
Post a Comment