Sunday, February 08, 2009

Daddy is a Loser

Henry loves to climb on the railings.
Henry waking up in the middle of the night and coming downstairs to sleep on the floor in our room had basically become an every night thing and was starting to take it's toll on mama and I. To top it off, usually he would wake up again at about three or four o'clock and weasel his way into our bed. We decided it was time to stop the insanity and regain control of our nights. The situation took about three or four nights to get under control but now he sleeps through the night in his own bed. One of nights during that transition he was having a crying fit and I told him that he had to stay up in his room and tough it out like a big boy. He was crying hysterically and started saying "Daddy is a leeeewwwwsssssserrrrrrrr... Da-daddy iss a lewwwwwssserrrr".
Violet and Henry can be very sweet and playful together but Henry knows how to push her buttons and it can turn into...
this pretty quick.

We were out of sippy cups so Henry had a little bedtime sip of milk from a shot glass.



I'm 70% sure Violet is a genius. She can count to five and can say the alphabet and she can yell at our dog and tell him to get in the mudroom when he get unruly or too gassy.

One morning Henry came into our bedroom and I was still in bed. He had a DVD case in his hand and asked me "Dad, is this movie appropriate for kids?" The movie in question was Redneck Zombies.

Henry scolded me for talking to him while he was coming down the stairs. He said "Dad, don't talk to me. I am trying to focus on the stairs right now."

6 comments:

Katie said...

Your kids are hilarious!
And yes, I agree that Violet is a genius in the making. Kudos to you and mommy!

FEZ BEAR said...

Thanks Kate. It sounds like bragging when I say it. HA!

belsum said...

Oh man. I love the staircase concentration and the shot of milk. But mostly? You once again remind me how grateful we are that Kirk won't get out of his bed unassisted. Sure, we have to go in and attend to his nighttime requests but at least we don't have to deal with unexpected visitors.

FEZ BEAR said...

The last couple nights he started this new awesome thing where he turns on his dvd player at like TWO IN THE MORNING and starts rocking out to the Transformers. WEAK! I guess he is just programmed to run on about three hours of sleep a night. That or he is dabbling with cocaine. His nose IS always running and sniffling...

Anonymous said...

The shot glass pic is priceless! save that for when he is college

LA said...

OMG....I am laughing...the "loser" thing is too much. I fear the day when Esther might think that tormenting Mitzi is more fun than making her giggle.
Identifying when someone is too gassy is a sure sign of true genius. Violet is set to take on the UN!