They had to take blood from him and used a large needle and wrapped a bungie thing around his arm to make his vein pop out. It took me and two nurses to hold him steady. When provoked, our little guy has the strength of six aggravated chimps. Either his little toddler veins were not producing a good blood flow or the nurse lady was incompetent but it was a mild fiasco and Henry was not liking it much. To make matters worse, the blood took to long to sample so it was useless to the blood lab! They had to take blood again! This time they just pricked his finger. I can't figure out why they didn't do that in the first place. Knobs. Next, he had to have his little toddler chest cavity x-rayed. He wasn't a big fan of the x-ray deal either. After that: STEROIDS!! Yah!! They diagnosed it as a bronchial infection and gave him steroids and apple juice. Then he vomitted the steroids and apple juice. I think there were some ravioli's mixed in there too. Yeah... Then we had to readminister the steroids and he didn't want to drink anymore. I'm just guessing it tasted about how it smelled -- like finely aged hamster urine. We had to coax him to drink it. So we got home at about 10:30 pm that nite. Needless to say, I didn't get much work done on the house that evening. All things considered, Henry was very brave and patient throughout the ordeal. Our little Butterscotch Stallion... there's just no bringing him down.
We are laying tile at the house now. Wide plank rustic hickory floors are next. Kitchen cabinets are to be delivered this week. Things are starting to shape up. The thought of having the house done before baby #2 gets here was a joke initially. Now it is grim reality. Must hurry.
5 comments:
Poor little guy. Alison had to have a chest x-ray last summer. That was not fun. Did they have to strap him into the clear, upright, medieval torturing device thingy? That sucks! I hope he feels better soon and good luck on finishing the house.
This story reminds me of another strapping young Johnson boy needing an army of nurses to hold him down to get some medical work done..... guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... good luck on gettting that house ready....
That first picture is every parent's worst nightmare! I'm glad everything is O.K.
Lordie! Seeing him with that mask on made me really glad it was only a little bronchial infection. Actually, the blood sample ordeal was worse. He's much better now!
Holy scariness! I'm so glad he's OK. Wow.
Post a Comment