Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Time

We celebrated an early Thanksgiving at my dear momma's house last weekend who despite being severely sick with ?? for the last month and a half, snapped out of it just in time to whip up a delicious turkey dinner with all the fixings for her family.  Thanks mom!  It was delicious!

Like mother like daughter!  I've been hosting the Johnson Thanksgiving for the last 3 years now.  I can truly say I appreciate all the work that goes into it, but it's a lot of fun too!  Every year I get a little better, but it's still not quite the same as eating and relaxing at someone else's house!  Luckily I have the best husband who helps with everything and entertains me the whole time with his crazy antics.  He even made his own moose jerky, bear balls, and BUTTER!  Yup, he's a real catch and he's all mine!  Me so thankful.


Grandpa Fred came with M-n-M's for the kids and his homemade Southwestern greenbeans!  Here he is enjoying a Sarsaparilla.

Eli and Jere getting serious with the bird.

I took 3 or 4 photos of the cousins - this one had the most eyes showing.. Ahh, sweet, loving cousins.

Yes, loving cousins who enjoy tying each other up and dragging each other around the floor.  I'm pretty sure they were reenacting a scene from Swamp People here.  Henry was Junior, Jada was Travis, and Eli was a monster gator named Big Head.  Shortly before this, Henry had constructed a zip line from the upstairs bridge to a chair below, tied himself to it and was a few seconds away from trying it out.  Kids are so darn creative, aren't they?
Don't let them fool you.  Holiday dresses, polka-dot tights and hairbows have never stopped the Johnson girls from a throw-down. 

Wrangling Big Head into the boat.


The little girls had their own "special table" (a.k.a. we had no more room in the dining room).

Oreo ice-cream pie!
Cheers!  Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgivings!  We love all of you family and friends and if we didn't see you at Thanksgiving, we hope to see you soon!  Can't wait to get my first Xmas card in the mail either - Jere and I always have a little running bet to see who sends theirs first.  So far, it's usually been my Auntie Barb with a cute one.  Who will it be this year???  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my God, am I really that fat? I look like Jack!

Uncle Sam said...

Wish I was there... Be home soon!