Monday, June 08, 2009

Glitter Vests, etc.

This is the entire Johnson Posse so far -- Henry, Eli, Zoie, Jada & Violet. When we all get together they basically keep themselves entertained.

Say Violet, Mrs. Roper is on the phone and she wants her wardrobe back.


Violet has her baby totally potty-trained. Now that Mama is home for the summer I'm sure that Violet will somehow get it figured out pretty soon as well. Meanwhile, Violet's baby uses about twice as much toilet paper as the rest of the family combined.






Henry performed a few numbers in his highly anticipated dance recital and really delivered the thunder. I'm not sure what the future holds for my son as a song and dance man but he looks cute as all get out in his red glitter vest. Below, Henry poses with his cousin and fellow dancer Jada.

Henry and I are now working on a one act, two man reinterpretation of The Glass Menagerie. It's still in the development phase --we haven't decided if we are going to go with puppets or what. Stay tuned...

I *finally* have my little boat trailer roadworthy after a couple of years of non-use and just have one little part that I need for the motor. Meanwhile, I can putz around on the little lakes around here using the oars. Henry and I took out my boat for the first time last weekend. We had a couple bites but didn't catch anything. Henry had a really good time. When we had supper that night he told mama "Me and Dad only have one rule on the boat -- we don't have to say excuse me when we burp!" This was a little funnier considering when we left momma told me to make sure and teach him all the safety rules and whatnot.

It's really obvious that he loves the one on one time when we get it.

1 comment:

belsum said...

Oh man. Being a boy in dance? You get ALL the ladies. Keep it up Henry!

Isn't it great how you barely have to pay attention to parenting when the cousins are all together?