This was our second year hosting Thanksgiving. The turkey situation went much smoother this year but I would say there is still room for improvement. I proudly donned late Grandma Pauline's apron while carving up the turkey.

For over two years we have been enjoying movies and our favorite programs on a modest twelve inch TV set. Since we were hosting for Thanksgiving, I came up with the brilliant idea to make a TV upgrade. I'm only half joking when I say that upgrading to a 40" Sony LCD HDTV 1080p was the most meaningful experience in my life since the birth of my children. It's pretty sweet. Although sometimes the Hi-Def aspect is a bit over the top and John Madden in HD is downright hideous. Below is a picture of our actual TV -- Brad Pitt on Access Hollywood.
For over two years we have been enjoying movies and our favorite programs on a modest twelve inch TV set. Since we were hosting for Thanksgiving, I came up with the brilliant idea to make a TV upgrade. I'm only half joking when I say that upgrading to a 40" Sony LCD HDTV 1080p was the most meaningful experience in my life since the birth of my children. It's pretty sweet. Although sometimes the Hi-Def aspect is a bit over the top and John Madden in HD is downright hideous. Below is a picture of our actual TV -- Brad Pitt on Access Hollywood.
Chicken Feet! Sometimes I think that Henry is a natural comedic genius. He came up with this all on his own. He steals momma's yellow dishwashing gloves from under the sink, puts them on his feet and runs around and yells "CHICKEN FEET! I GOT CHICKEN FEET!"
We enjoyed a very fun and relaxing four day Thanksgiving weekend. It was just the right mix of family time and lazing about and chopping and stacking firewood. We really didn't even have to leave the house except for a brief trip to Target for some early Christmas shoppin'. We got Henry the Bat Cave. So don't get Henry a Bat Cave. Momma wanted to take the relaxation factor up a notch and give Henry and Dad facial masks. I'd like to say that it wasn't quite as gay as it sounds. I would like to, but I cannot.
2 comments:
Zero comment on Henry's mustachioed appearance in the chicken feet photo? Really?
He demands a moustache at least a couple days a week. I guess it's sort of becoming old hat.
Post a Comment