Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Batman Fever...

All superheroes have this moment -- The Identity Crisis... I believe this is where Henry realizes that with great power comes great responsibility.



In case you are confused, Henry wanted to show people who he is going to be for Halloween... The optional gloves really tie the outfit together. I've never been one for the store bought costumes, but it's pretty funny to watch him run around the house as Batman. I just wish it would have a functioning utility belt.



He is able to leap tall child gates in a single bound...


Here he is acting as TinkerBell / Violets personal bodyguard. That is his game face. It's the same face I get right before he does a karate freak out on me.

Sheri and Ashley came over for a play date last weekend. I'm not sure what mom and Sheri were doing at this particular moment but it doesn't look like either of the girls are very impressed with what is going down.



I'm still trying to figure out how Henry went from this little guy...

to this...

in what seems like the blink of an eye. He is just a regular little dude now. He just got some spiffy new hiking boots with velcro. He is one month into his formal dance training at Grandma Sue's dance studio. He is studying jazz, tap, ballet and freeform / hip-hop. He also claims that they get to play with swords and do pirate dancing. We don't watch the class, so I can't confirm or deny that. Mom and I recently taught both kids how to do "jazz hands" and that is working out pretty good too.
Are you talking to me?

Henry and I went for a cruise down our road on the four wheeler and came upon a dead possum. Henry was very intrigued to say the least. He kept calling it a "Pasta". "Daddy, let's go look at that pasta again" and "why is that pasta got blood on his furs" and so on. Very curious young man. I hope nobody was spying on us with binoculars as we kept making little circles around this little dead possum. That might have looked weird.

5 comments:

belsum said...

Heh. Kirk was overly fascinated by the half a bunny, too.

I'm glad we're not the only suckers that gave in and purchased a costume a month early! Kirk is, no shock here, Buzz Lightyear. And he too carries his Buzz doll around with him while testing out the outfit. I promised I'd make some cardboard wings so now I'm going to have to actually make good on that.

Anonymous said...

The picture of ashley and vi is too dang cute, i want it!

FEZ BEAR said...

Belsum -- Our Toy Story DVD finally got too scratched up to play so he quit watching it and eventually forgot about it. But he was pretty into that scene for a while.

Anonymous -- I could upload it to flickr or something. Lemme know.

Anonymous said...

it's ok. anonymous is xtal and i right clicked and saved image. it's under control but thanx.

FEZ BEAR said...

Olson. I shouldda known.