I had this really brilliant business idea to make a line of infant and toddler track suits with Poopy Couture across the backside of the pants -- kinda like what the kids have these days. I think it is a million dollar idea but I don't feel like cashing in yet. I think it is much more bankable than my ideas for bacon roll-ups or the male breastfeeding apparatus. Besides, someone already stole that latter idea from me.
Violet is still a tad irritable -- likely due to a lingering cold and teething situation. She also kind of just has a diva attitude. She likes to wake up screaming and crying about ten minutes before our alarm goes off (the alarm has really just been for looks since the day Henry was born) and as soon as I step foot into her room she stops crying. It's not a "change my diaper" cry or a "I'm hungry" cry, it's just a "turn on my light and hang out in my room with me" cry. This could be foreshadowing some serious diva-type behavior later in life.
Henry has this funny habit. Any time I ask him to do something or go somewhere while he is playing he quickly and desperately tries to grab all of his stuff that he is playing with at that time. And it always seems to be just one or two items more than he can possibly carry at one time. It kinda reminds me of that scene towards the end in the movie The Jerk.
I don't need anything except this and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
We also believe Henry has an imaginary friend. His name is Chi Chi Reynolds. He always talks about Chi Chi Reynolds. Chi Chi Reynolds this, Chi Chi Reynolds that. We have no idea where he came up with it, but I have to say that is one sweet name.
Henry is basically potty trained. He always craps in the toilet and has only occasional pee-pee related accidents. He is also having his phase where he is completely infatuated with his ding-ding. The other night it seemed like he was in a trance -- gobbling popcorn with one hand and the other hand on his unit. It is a pretty constant thing. He is getting curious about it, too. He asks me about mine and what the deal is with mom -- that sort of thing.
He also has these glittery sunglasses that he likes wearing around the house, even to daycare, that make him look like Dame Edna. I guess another kid has started wearing sunglasses to daycare now too. We might have a little trendsetter in our midst.
7 comments:
GO POTTY TRAINED HENRY! Whoohoo!
GO CRAWLING VI! Sweet!!
Oh, and Violet looks so much like Henry at that age, but in a kind of froo-froo, lace and bows sort of way.
I completely agree.
Sooooo jeaulous about the potty training.
Violet is one pretty little thing.
Belsum, there is an ugly side to a potty trained toddler. Henry wakes us up usually at least once -sometimes three times - saying he has to go potty or poop in the middle of the night.
Chi Chi Reynolds... that could be one of the coolest names I have ever heard!!!
They're huge! I can't believe these cute kids live about 10 mins away and we never get to see them in person. Not to mention the house. Oh yeah, and you guys. This is a situation we'll have to remedy soon.
Post a Comment