Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh, Yes. We Have A Tree.

Here we are at Sandgren's Tree Farm this past Saturday. It is a "cut your own" joint a little ways down the road. The tree we picked is in the picture right behind us. You don't realize how big a tree is until you are trying to balance it in a tree stand. This would later prove to be a formidable task. We posed for a picture with my brother's family in the warming shack while we sipped hot cider and ate sugar cookies.

Violet was a good sport for a young gal battling a double ear infection. We could have changed her name to Boogers Mahoney.

You may not notice it unless I point it out to you -- there is a chainsaw in the background. Yes, I did use it in the house. Things were a little tense for a few minutes. Our tree stand was too flimsy and we needed to borrow Grandma Judy's. In the end, I did manage to get the tree upright. Although I would be very careful standing next to it if you find yourself at our house. I think it could tip at any time.


Henry and I did most of the tree decorating. Momma went to work with something that involved garland, ribbon, and berries. Henry was very fired up about the tree decorating. Although he took equal delight in taking decorations off the tree and testing his throwing arm.

Shoveled a lot of snow on Sunday. Should get a plow or something. We have a big gravel driveway. Not cool. The goats are doing swell. After the snowfall we still had plenty of areas for them to browse for food. Their coats are thick and I put some extra hay in their house.

3 comments:

belsum said...

I love what "country folk" you are!! Boogers McGee is adorable. Kirk "helped" decorate our tree, too, though it's a lovely fake instead of the real deal.

FEZ BEAR said...

Yeah, I guess we officially crossed the line to became "country folk" with the goats.

SJ said...

I'd still put my money on Ashley- her nickname is Booger Face. Seriously though...where does it all come from.

By the way, how is Vi liking the bumbo seat?