Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pumpkins & What Have You...

I like wearing cheesy wool sweaters that were handmade by Scandinavian people when I work outside. They are super warm and I find them at thrift stores for a couple dollars. People seem to think this makes me a loser. I guess mainly the wife makes fun of me. Anyway, now I have Henry on board with this look and I must say we are warm and fabulous.

Henry will pee on the potty most of the time. Still no poops. A while ago Henry even started emptying the pottychair into the toilet after seeing us do it a few times. This was really cute and fun until "the incident". Have you ever watched something and known what was going to happen right before the event starts to unfold? It also tends to feel like it is happening in slow motion. Henry had decided his potty chair was full enough to empty (NOTE: ALWAYS EMPTY POTTY CHAIR AFTER EACH USE). I won't elaborate on the whole story but it involved about two cups of urine splishing and a splashing all over the bathroom. After Henry said something like "Uh oh. Henny Henny fall down."
Here is Henry clowning around with mom's Halloween costume props.


Momma was Angelina Jolie note the multiple ethnically diverse dolls in baby bjorn -- a nice touch. My costume was kind of ambiguous and thrown together at the last minute. How can you go wrong with a fake moustache? I initially thought old school Kenny Loggins, then the Captain from Captain and Tennille, and I also had several people say I looked exactly like Bernie Lomax from Weekend at Bernie's. I just went with it. I was wearing white wicker shoes which are not in the picture.

Violet likes to make motorboat noises.

She has been sick lately and it made her cheeks super rosie. For being really sick she has been in pretty good spirits.

Here I am unlocking the secrets of the art of pumpkin carving to the next generation.

Henry did not strike me as a novice at all. I think he was paying attention to the pumpkin carving routine last year. I can't exactly remember what was going on in the picture below. Henry had a lot of fun but kept stacking the pumpkins and throwing them around the house. That might be what my look was all about.


Pumpkin stacking! It was fun. Looking at the pictures, my expressions are deceiving.


Henry was a lion and Violet was a pumpkin.

You can tell Violet was really into it this year.
Here is the posse of cousins. We went trick or treating to actual houses this year. Henry was a little shy, but managed to hold his own.

My wife had the amazing presence of mind to jump behind a bush and snap this picture of Henry in action.

2 comments:

belsum said...

No. No you cannot go wrong with fake mustaches.

LA said...

Wow, Vi looks so much like Henry with that pacifier in her mouth and the big eyed look. You would think they were related or something. Halloween rules!