
This is baby Violet Sophia in moms bed at the hospital. I put her in their to give momma a laugh when she got out of the shower. Little Violet pretty much sleeps about 20 hours a day and is awake from 1 am to 5 am. She is your basic perfect little angel. Henry likes her. He gets upset when she cries and says "Baby, check!" He also likes to set toys by her head and point at her and touch her -- usually pretty cute.
We recently completed a very cute photo shoot of the baby in capri pants and oversized sunglasses. However, I am under strict orders not to make the photos public until after everyone gets the birth announcements, so as not to steal their thunder.
Here is one of Violet thinking.
I took Henry with me to the lumber yard on Saturday to pick of some building supplies and what have you. We hung out for a good portion of the day and had a lot of fun. The above picture is of what Henry decided to do while Dad was unloading the trailer. Right after I snapped this one he bent down and tried to drink some water from the puddle. Momma was not impressed when we showed up for lunch with Henry wearing a soggy diaper and mud caked all over his body like a water buffalo on the Sarengeti. I think she said something like "what the hell is this -- Lord of the Flies?"
Henry loves playing outside and any fit can be averted by telling him we should go outside and do some stuff. Like this:

Remember in the movie First Blood when the over zealous local sherriffs department take John Rambo in for a delousing and jailhouse-style shower? That is one of Henry's favorite games.

He also likes bubbles in a major way. Here he is playing with his cousin Emmie last weekend.
The house should be done by Christmas. Holla!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update. Violet is about the cutest thing and the mud picture of Henry, priceless.
Those pics are all priceless!! Hope to be down again soon to hang out and maybe build some stuff!!
I'm dying laughing over here. Ah, the joys of a nearly two-year-old boy. Kirk's gettin' filthy and naughty, too. I can so relate. (Well, not to the infant daughter but you know what I mean. She's so cute!)
Post a Comment